Artist/Band Name: Lea Salonga Album Name: Live: Jazz at Lincoln Center Genre: Lyrics To Blackbird / A Quiet Thing (Live) It’s described almost perfectly in… Read More »Blackbird / A Quiet Thing (Live) Lyrics By Lea Salonga | Video Song
Lets Us Know More About The Musical Music
Musical Music is the kind of music that involves the emotional content of musical humor, pathos, love, anger and any kind of emotions that are communicated through music, movement and technical aspects of the entertainment as an integrated whole. The three main components of a musical are its music, lyrics, and book.
The first original Musical music was in English that conforms to the modern conception of a musical, adding dance and original music that helped to tell the story, is generally considered The Black Crook, which premiered in New York on September 12, 1866.
According to Historians believe that Musical music originally began in ancient Greece about 2,500 years ago. The ancient Greeks showcased and enjoyed comedies and tragedies that included music and dance in open-air amphitheaters. Later, Roman comedies were also accompanied by song and dance routines that were performed with orchestra music.
If we look closer to Musical music, then there are many genres or types in musical music. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Book Musicals – A book musical is wherewith traditional musical with a story that drives the music and characters.
- Revue Musicals- Revue is a collection of songs, with a common element. This category has no definite shows dedicated to them, but they are still a part of the musical theatre genre.
- Concept Musical – A concept musical is where the metaphor or theme is equally or more important than the music itself. It may comment on social injustices. It may also contain dissociated plotline or unacquainted characters.
- Jukebox Musical – A collection of songs from a group or artist is called a jukebox musical. These musicals may not have a storyline but are created to showcase a performance.
- Rock or pop Musical – The use of rock or pop music or Rock or Pop Operator further the story, usually with little to no dialogue.
Artist/Band Name: Original Broadway Cast Album Name: Genre: Lyrics To Here On This Night Where has the starlight gone? Dark is the day How can… Read More »Here On This Night Lyrics By Original Broadway Cast
Artist/Band Name: Barbra Streisand Album Name: Genre: Lyrics To The Main Event (ballad) Extra! Extra! I’m in love I gotta thank my lucky stars above… Read More »The Main Event (ballad) Lyrics By Barbra Streisand
Artist/Band Name: Ann Hampton Callaway Album Name: Genre: Lyrics To Isn’t It Romantic I’ve never met you, yet never doubt you I can’t forget you,… Read More »Isn’t It Romantic Lyrics By Ann Hampton Callaway
Artist/Band Name: Patrick Bruel Album Name: Genre: Lyrics To Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (With Joe Cocker) What have I got to do… Read More »Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (With Joe Cocker) Lyrics By Patrick Bruel
Artist/Band Name: Betty Buckley Album Name: Genre: Lyrics To The Jet Song (West Side Story) RIFF: (Spoken) Against the Sharks we need every man we… Read More »The Jet Song (West Side Story) Lyrics By Betty Buckley
Artist/Band Name: John Barrowman Album Name: John Barrowman Genre: Musical Lyrics To So Close (Duet With Jodie Prenger) You’re in my arms, and all the… Read More »So Close (Duet With Jodie Prenger) Lyrics By John Barrowman
Artist/Band Name: John Barrowman Album Name: John Barrowman Genre: Musical Lyrics To The Kid Inside There’s a kid inside, and I have him with me… Read More »The Kid Inside Lyrics By John Barrowman